The major cause of all problems in our lives, including physical, mental, social, familial, interpersonal, economic, and spiritual issues, according to Ayurveda, is stress on the body and mind.
We can't take advantage of all that life has to offer without Shanti (Peace of Mind). It makes no difference how physically well we are, or how many possessions, relationships, or pleasures we may have. Body and Mind are reflections of one another, not 2 separate entities. All issues with physical health originate in the mind. Additionally, all psychological anxiety and stress manifest in our physical bodies. The goal of the Ayurvedic approach to stress management is to improve overall body relaxation while reducing stress on the nervous system.
In addition to Ayurvedic therapies that relieve stress from the brain and nerves, a holistic approach includes adequate diet, yoga, pranayamas, meditation, and lifestyle adjustments. At our ashram, the serene environment and mother nature not only nourish your body and soul but also reset your biological rhythms and mental equilibrium.
Our failure to manage stress, according to Ayurveda, is caused by an imbalance, or lack of coordination, of the three primary mental functions: Dhi (learning), Dhriti (retention), and Smriti (long-term memory), as well as a deficiency of Ojas energy in the body.
By achieving optimal hormonal balance and bolstering mental capacity to better handle stress in the future, the Stress Management Program aims to reduce the stress that has built up over time and increase the body’s level of Ojas.
Stress management techniques we provide for you to lead a stress free life are:
1. Taila Dhara – Dhara with medicated oil.
Taila Dhara – A procedure involving rhythmic pouring of warm medicated oil over the forehead. Highly beneficial in Neurological disorders, headaches and Lifestyle disorders.
2. Ksheera Dhara – Dhara done with medicated milk
Ksheera Dhara – Ksheerdhara treatment refers to flow of herbal milk instead of oil poured over head and body.
3. Takra Dhara – Dhara procedure done with buttermilk processed with medicated decoctions
4. Shiro Basti – It is a unique procedure in which a pool of warm medicated oil is retained over the scalp for a prescribed period of time.
5. Shiro Pichu – This procedure is done by placing the cotton pad soaked in medicated oil on the vertex for a certain period. It is effective in psychological disorders, head & neck disorders and dermatological conditions.
6. Shiro Abhyanga – Application of oil on head followed by massage which is soothing and calms the mind.